She doesn’t like sopas




You don’t like sopas
and I don’t know why
Puzzles the hell out of me
Who doesn’t want a hot pot
of chicken soup
made creamy with evap
made colorful with
cabbage and carrots and
made gut-heavy
with elbow macaroni?

Detest is a word too strong
least priority maybe
but then, I could be wrong

Yet you made
one for me
just the same
saying:

“I still don’t
love sopas.
May never be.
But I’m
trying
to learn
to love
the things
that you love.”

More than the
hot pot of sopas
before me
I thank you
my sweet balm
for all the love
and for keeping
me warm
For a thousandth time
again and again
to the heavens
I implore
good favors
for you
my lovely woman
who cooks sopas
for her man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something in your mind? Be generous. Leave this page with an afterthought in your gray matter and comments in this prompt.

Wisa

Sa harap ng iyong webcam Sa PC ko matyaga akong naga-abang Tamis ng iyong ngiti sana muling masilayan Higit sa lahat, iyong natatanging kaga...

What's popular (Be sure to check out the rest!)